Why should you consider a vegan cookbook?
By purchasing this ebook you directly help supporting our work on the website Nature Going Smart as well as:
- SAVING HEALTH & MONEY (Plant-based diets are considered optimal at uprooting the leading causes of death such as cardiovascular diseases, cancer, diabetes & a number of inflammatory and neurodegenerative disorders)
- SAVING PEOPLE (Hundreds of millions of people around the world are suffering from hunger and malnutrition, and yet most of the grain grown is fed to livestock. More than 700 million tons of human-grade food goes into animal agriculture each year, which could instead be used to eradicate hunger).
- SAVING ANIMALS (64 BILLION land animals and 1-3 TRILLION water animals are killed for human consumption each year. Animal agriculture is the number one cause of species extinction, ocean “dead zones” ).
- SAVING WATER (More than 70% of the Earth’s fresh water is used in agriculture of plants and animals: it takes 100 to 200 times more water to produce a pound of beef than it does to grow a pound of plant foods. Plus, the United Nations has reported that the livestock sector is most likely the largest source of water pollution).
- SAVING THE SOIL (Researchers have found that raising animals for consumption contributes to erosion and nutritional depletion of soil).
- SAVING THE FORESTS (45% of Earth’s land mass is used for animal agriculture, which is is directly responsible for 91% of Amazon rain-forest destruction, and number one cause of deforestation).
- SAVING THE AIR (You’ve probably heard that cows release a lot of methane in their farts and nitrous oxide in their manure, and these emissions are largely connected to climate change. That’s why a report by the UN concluded that animal agriculture is a larger contributor to greenhouse gas than all forms of transportation together. And adding on the previously mentioned issue of deforestation, when rainforests are cleared to create livestock pastures, carbon is released into the air.